Think big – and maximise your results
In my work over the last week, I’ve noticed a consistent theme of ‘minimising’ – and I don’t mean creating a simpler life for the greater good.
What I mean is business owners minimising themselves in their thoughts, words and actions, which creates outcomes they are not happy with and a life that, in general, don’t serve them.
Minimising in this way leads to:
- accepting the mediocre
- agreeing with what shows up rather than expecting or striving for better results
- reluctance to talk up your actions and achievements
- a resounding NO when it comes to telling others how awesome you are
- putting yourself down first… thinking you may as well beat your colleagues to it, because, of course, they would be thinking it.
Play up your strengths – don’t play them down
If you relate to any of this, I have a favour to ask … Start owning how amazing you are and be mindful of the insidious underlying words and behaviours that aren’t supporting you.
Here are 3 simple ways to do that:
- Use positive words and descriptors with conviction and confidence. The more confidently you say something and believe, with conviction, in what you are saying, the more certain you feel, act and in turn, educate the world around you.
- Upper limit your thoughts. Don’t bottom line them. What I mean is Find a more attractive upper limit to accept and go for that.
- Own how great you are! Tell people without apologising. We are ALL experts in some area of our life that we are proud of. Own that area and start talking about it. Remember the words of Marianne Williamson: “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.”
As I grow in my own self, I see the truth in these beautiful words and use them to inspire me to my greatness.
So, go on – share how great you are! Hop into our Facebook group and share it there. I’d love to hear.
Have an awesome week!